My first blog post here on Word Press, I created this blog to be able to write about my experiences in my last term of college, to follow the specific projects I’m working on. I usually write in Swedish but I will try to improve my English writing this spring, so hope to see some improvements on that through this blog. I will also try to summarize each day in one way or another; depending on how much time I have at my disposal. So on to the mega list of what I have been able to accomplish today:
- Complement my IGDA-account with some descriptive text about me.
- Went to school to try to get some feedback on the candidate-plan my and Starck wrote and also try to get a project room.
- Downloaded a sporadically read some thesis’s and also collected text-material from different sites for future reading.
- Decided to do an install of Game Maker only on my Laptop after I had read about different solutions for Mac.
- Played the very short but in genius statement game made in Flash called: Burn the Rope. I analyzed it, and wrote down my thoughts about it, but more about that in another post tomorrow maybe.
- Thought about question and ideas regarding my coming month of research into design and other aspects of games.
- Ordered about 11 books that I deemed to be must reads about games, got them from a list the magazine EDGE had compiled on the net.
- Tested lots of Wiki’s and other software, also registered here on Word Press.
- Customized a Redmine project instead when no other Wiki was good enough.
- Created a couple of tasks for this week that really needs to be done.
A bit of a stressed out day, I haven’t got a handle on things yet. But the plan is slowly falling into place as long as I move forward. That’s all!